Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you have a particular title or can you get it? top
Everything that we currently have available can be found through our search feature. The items sold through CD Universe are available to us through our major distributors. If none of our distributors have a particular title in their supply, it will not be listed to order. We do not special order items that are not shown on the website.
2. Do you have more details (i.e. track listings) on this title? top
By clicking on any hyperlinked product title name, you will see everything we know about that item. We do not have further product details beyond what is listed on the product detail information.
3. Can I add another item to my completed order? top
In order to see if you can add items to your existing order, you first you need to check your order status by clicking the Your Account button located on the top navigation bar of any page.
You can add to your order if your order status says one of the following:
"Not Processed Yet"
"Processing" AND your payment method is a credit card.
If you order meets one of the above criteria, follow the procedure below to add items.
4. Can you tell me the status of my order? top
- Add new items to shopping cart by clicking on the price.
- When finished adding new items to the cart, click the "complete your order" button on the shopping cart page.
- Login to your existing account with your billing first name, billing last name, and password.
- Click the link to combine orders. The order number of the order you will be combining to will be displayed. Please remember that the old order will be canceled as soon as you click the link, and all items from that order will appear in the shopping cart along with your new items on the next screen. If using a credit card, a new authorization will be requested for the new combined order total.
- It is very important to finalize your order at this time! If the order is not properly finalized, the previous order will remain canceled and your new combined order will not be submitted. If an order is successfully combined, youíll receive an updated order number and order total.
All information on your order can be found by through the "Your Account" button on the top of any page. If you cannot log into the order through the site, try clicking here.
5. Why didnít I receive an email confirmation? top
Email confirmations are sent to you after your order has been placed and shipped. We also send email notifications if there are any problems in processing your order. However, if an email is not received, itís possible that your ISP may have spam or junk email filters. If that is the case, check your spam or bulk email folders.
To make sure you receive further email correspondence, you can add the CD Universe domain to your address book. If you find an email correspondence in a spam or junk filter, you may see a button that reads, "not spam". Click on the button to allow future email correspondences to hit your email inbox. You can also contact your ISP, and let them know our emails are not spam.
6. My order is overdue - where is it? top
Our policy is to wait 15 business days before declaring a United States order lost. We wait 30 business days for shipments outside the United States. If you are not in the United States, you should check with your local postal or customs office, as many times an order is held there. If your order has not arrived within these time frames, email email@example.com and be sure to include your order number.
7. Can I fax or email my order? top
At this time we only take orders online.
8. How do I change or retrieve my password? top
To change your password click here. If you can't remember your password we can generate a new password for you by clicking here.
9. Does putting an item on my wish list guarantee a productís price or availability? top
No, the Wish List is used to manage products only. Product availabilities and individual product prices are subject to change and placing an item in your wish list does not imply a specific price or availability if you choose to order that item.
10. Why wonít the site accept my gift certificate? top
Other than CD Universe issued gift certificates, we also accept gift certificates through www.giftcertificates.com, and www.giveanything.com.
Giftcertificates.com certificates are issued as super certificates, which can be redeemed on their website for a CD Universe certificate code. After you redeem a super certificate, youíll receive an email from giftcertificates.com with an order number and CD Universe certificate code that can be used on our website.
Giveanything.com certificates can be redeemed through our site. Youíll see a link that reads, "Click here for giveanything.com certificate". Click on the link, and input the certificate number and expiration date. Funds are not taken out of giveanything.com certificates until an order ships.
11. What effect does extending my order have on my shipping option selection? top
You can extend the expiration date of any order, but if part of the order has already shipped, the order will no longer be eligible for the "Ship Together" option. For these orders, your shipping option will be updated to "Ship as Available" when you extend the order and additional shipping charges will apply when these items ship to you. Extending an order that has not partially shipped does not affect your shipping option selection.
12. Does a DVD-Audio disc have regional encoding? top
DVD-Audio discs do not include Region Codes and will be playable on all DVD-Audio capable players. However, many DVD-Audio discs include DVD-Video components to provide compatibility with DVD-Video players. Those components, usually Dolby Digital or DTS audio and videos, could be restricted by Region Codes and may not be playable on all DVD-Video players.
13. I saved my cart but the link to retrieve it is missing. What do I do? top
To restore your saved cart you first need to log in to your account. After doing so, come back to this page and click this link. If you are still unable to retrieve your saved cart, please contact customer service so we may assist you.
Why Shop Here
| Selection & Pricing
We offer over 800K titles at everyday low prices!
Top Rated Customer Service by Bizrate, Yahoo and many more.
Safe & Secure
Audited daily to protect you against identity theft and credit card fraud.
We Accept Multiple Payment Methods