Big Picture - Vol. 2 film Product Information
Big Picture - Vol. 2 movie was released Jan 30, 2007 by the Alpha Video studio. The first great long running television series dealing with the Armed Forces and the World Wars. Big Picture - Vol. 2 video Each volume contains almost 4 hours of actual combat footage.
Big Picture - Vol. 2 review Product Description
Big Picture - Vol. 2 movie Product Details
|CD Universe Part number||7363469|
|Release Date||Jan 30, 2007|
|Additional Info||Black & White|
|Movie Details||Color; Black & White|
Big Picture - Vol. 2 DVD Features
As the Korean conflict raged in the early 1950's, the U.S. Army felt the need to produce a "weekly television report to the nation on the activities of the Army at home and overseas." Produced by the Signal Corps Pictorial Center, these epidodes combined actual wartime newsreels with Hollywood footage to create a comprehensive review of U.S. military history. A proud and oft-times poetic piece of cold-war propaganda, this series revels in America's military and technical prowess, and glories in her unparalleled fire-power and new-found nuclear might.
1) The Blue Badge of Infantry - Pt. 1: The inspiring story of the guts and grit of the 1st Infantry Division, widely known as The Big Red One is portrayed.
2) The Blue Badge of Infantry - Pt 2: The 29th Infantry cuts through Nazi defenses before capturing the German V2 Rocket Division.
3) The Blue Badge of Infantry - Pt 3: In the battle for the Pacific, the 41st Infantry Division pushes from island to island on its way to Tokyo.
4) The Blue Badge of Infantry - Pt 4: The 30th Infantry Division fights its way from Normandy, across France and Holland, and finally into Germany.
5) The Blue Badge of Infantry - Pt 5: The 42nd Infantry Division, made up of National Guard troops from New York, endure the freezing Battle of the Bulge.
6) The Blue Badge of Infantry - Pt 6: The brave paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne Division drop behind enemy lines in Normandy to secure a beachhead for the D-Day landing to follow.
7) An Army Moves: This segment explores the logistics of moving men and munitions on the battlefield, spanning the horse-drawn days preceding World War I to the chopper-ferried battles in Korea.
8) Combat Medic: An efficient blood supply network and skilled Mobile Army Surgical Hospital personnel in Korea yielded a survival rate for wounded soldiers approaching 95 percent.
Full Frame - 1.33
Big Picture - Vol. 2 film Other Ideas
Big Picture - Vol. 2 DVD for sale Customer Reviews
|Have you seen this movie?
Add to WishList